FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATOR/BUDGET MANAGER
Position Purpose: The purpose of this position is to ensure the fiscal and operational effectiveness of the School to support and enhance the educational mission of the School.
Position Description: Manages and coordinates business operations, including business planning and budget preparation, business reporting and filings, human resources administration, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, contract and grant accounting, and physical plant operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains internal financial reporting systems, financial controls and management information systems in compliance with GAAP and tax law.
- Manages daily financial activities, including budget preparation and control, accounting, payroll, purchasing, business planning and management.
- Oversees and directs audit, tax, and insurance activities for the organization.
- Addresses issues resulting from the independent financial audit and internal management audits.
- Appraises the school’s financial position and issues interim reports on its financial stability, liquidity, and growth the Head of School and various committees of the Board.
- Ensures compliance with school financial policies and procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records.
- Evaluates and/or negotiates for the purchase of goods and services in coordination with the Head of School.
- Manages cash, cash-related receipts, accounts receivable ensuring timely processing of billings.
- Manages the school’s tuition assistance program and tuition payment processing.
- Oversees and manages the school’s property and casualty, health and liability insurance programs.
- Manages and administers employee benefit programs.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with board members, key donors, and financial institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting and a minimum of five years of relevant experience in a non-profit environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with board members, school representatives, parents, students, and representatives from the business and financial services communities.
- Working knowledge of business accounting and financial planning policies, procedures, practices, and software programs.
- Ability to think and plan strategically and creatively.
- Ability to manage multiple functions and activities.
This position is needed as soon as possible. If you are interested in being considered for this position please send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitutes needed for all grade levels: PreK 3 – 5th grade. Substitute teachers should be degree required and preferably experienced. Substitute teachers must complete the same hiring processes as an applicant for full-time employment. Applications for substitute teaching are accepted throughout the school year.
All prospective employees must supply an application, current resume, transcripts, references, and other information. All applicants being considered must also be screened in a pre-employment criminal check.
We accept resumes throughout the year. If you are interested in being considered for other openings that may arise, please send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you believe you might be a good fit for STAES. Please email this information to Mary Latulippe at email@example.com.