The Walk-a- thon is one of our most important fundraisers of the year. It is fun, engaging, and rewarding for the kids. Our children walk as many laps as they can around the track at Howard Park (located next to the school). The track measures .33 of a mile, so three laps are approximately 1 mile. The average laps normally walked for Pre-K and K is 10 and the average for 1st -5th is 25. Parents are encouraged to participate, volunteer, or just bring a lawn chair and enjoy the fun.
Students may collect pledges in two ways on their pledge sheet:
- a per lap basis
- a total amount of donation
For example, family members, friends, etc. can pledge an amount ($.50, $1.00, or $5.00) per lap walked or a specific amount ($10.00, $20.00, $50.00) for the whole event. All pledge money should be turned in by Tuesday, April 18.
To encourage participation, the following incentives will be awarded:
- Certificate: Given to each child who participates with the number laps he/she walked
- Walk-a- thon Trophy: Given to each child who brings in at least $100 in donations
- Pizza and Ice Cream Party: Given to each class that averages at least $55/student in donations
This also is a School Pizza Day. If you signed up for Pizza Days, the school will provide your child’s lunch of pizza, drink, and dessert at lunch time. If you did not sign up for Pizza Days, please send a sack lunch with your child on that day.
We DO NOT encourage children to go alone door-to- door for solicitations. Parents MUST accompany children as they collect pledges and directly supervise this activity. Most often, children will ask relatives, friends, neighbors, and their parent’s co-workers to pledge this event. Encourage your children to get as many donors as possible.
This is a great fun event. Pray for sunshine on April 7th! Contact Adam Korona (Caleb’s dad) if you would like to volunteer!
Spirit Wear Order
The PTO is about to do another Spirit Wear order. Please turn in your order asap! Thank you!
HoneyBaked Gift Cards Fundraiser
If you are looking for another opportunitie to support St. Thomas, please consider purchasing HoneyBaked Gift Cards. The HoneyBaked Gift Card fundraiser will be used to help the teachers at St. Thomas the Apostle Episcopal School (STAES) to purchase items needed for their class rooms and supplies. This fundraiser will be managed via a dashboard. It is super easy. All you have to do is to select the gift card denomination, how many you want, and place the order via the dashboard using your credit card. Thank you so much for helping our school and their teachers. The benefits are as follows:
- 20% of the proceeds benefit STAESPTO
- The cards can be used at any HoneyBaked location nationwide, to shop online, or to order from the HoneyBaked catalog.
- HoneyBaked Gift Cards can be purchased in any denomination.
- They never expire and no additional fees.
- In addition to Ham, HoneyBaked offers other delicious entrees like Turkey, BBQ and Pot Roast, side dishes, desserts, even lunch and party platters.
Please purchase your HoneyBaked Gift Cards Here.
PTO Board Members
- President: Cinda Chullen
- Vice President: Kate Gay
- Secretary: Allison Montalvo
- Fundraising Officer/Treasurer: Heather Newstead
- Faculty Liaison: Kim Vetter
- Director of School: Teresa McMillan
- Director of Enrichment Candace Silcott