St. Thomas Camps COVID-19 considerations
Are camps still happening?
While we look forward to a fun summer, the safety of all children and staff is our top priority. During these uncertain times, all camp dates are subject to cancellation. We will make these decisions as reasonably far in advance as we can, and you will be notified of any changes to the schedule as they occur.
What new safety protocols will be in place?
We are currently finalizing our campus safety plan for summer camps, and will publish that information later this month. This plan includes guidance from health care professionals in the St. Thomas community, and adheres to standards from the CDC. New procedures will include:
- masks for all instructors & staff
- limit of 10 students per instructor, per classroom
- multiple entry points for drop-off & pick-up to lower density of students
- temperature checks for all humans entering the building, and at midday
- individual camper kits instead of communal materials
Will I get a refund if I register for a camp that is cancelled?
Absolutely. If we cancel a camp or class you will have the option of applying your registration to a future camp later this summer, or getting a refund for the cancelled week.
Click through the tabs to read about classes available each week!
Half Day Camps
St. Thomas has amazing partners to provide fun, and enriching half-day experiences for kids throughout the summer. These organizations will provide their own uniquely trained instructors and curriculum. Please note the following details about each partnership camp.
- Play-Well TEKnologies: campers are divided by age group with the 5-7 year old camps in the morning, and the 8-12 year old camps in the afternoons.
- Knight School of Chess camps are held in the mornings only.
- Soccer Shots camp is available for 4-7 year olds, in the mornings only
- Camp Invention is a full day camp and is not available in half-day
- Fencing with John Trojanowski is available to kids 8-years-old and up, morning and afternoon classes vary by week.
- Archery and Skating with Suellen Purdum are afternoon classes on select weeks.
Full Day Camps
There are 2 options available most weeks for Full Day camp.
Option 1: One class, $250
When you register for a full day of St. Thomas Summer Camp, your child will participate in a half day class with our partnership program (i.e. Play-Well, Knight School, Fencing, etc…), and the other half of their day with our experienced and dedicated staff in STAES Summer Fun Camp. Each week has a variety of indoor and outdoor activities scheduled such as: arts & crafts, water play, movies, games, and more.
Option 2: Two classes, $300
Registering for two classes means you child will participate in 2, half-day classes with our partner programs available that week. Read through the tabs to see which classes are available each week.
Please note classes may have age restrictions.
Class offerings are subject to change due to enrollment. Children will be divided into 2 age groups: 5-7, and 8-12.
Preschool camp is also available for half and full days for 3-4 year olds.